Advocacy Update – 2015 Liquor Reform
Since April 1st there has been a lot of talk about liquor reform. Christy Clark, Suzanne Anton and the BC Liberals brought forth a new model that was meant to “level the playing field” and was supposed to come without any major impact on consumers. Much to our (lack of) surprise, the numbers are in and the verdict is not good.
Two months after the reform was brought in, here is the cut and dry of it all:
- 55 beer products deceased in price;
- 19 beer products showed no change in price;
- 94 beer products increased by less than 1%;
- 219 beer products increased between 1% and 5%;
- 123 beer products increased between 5.01% and 10%; and,
- 74 beer products increased by more than 10%.
Or boiling it down in simpler terms:
- ~10% of Beer products have dropped in price.
- ~3% of Beer products have shown no change
- ~87% of Beer products have increased in price.
We’ve lowered our prices on craft beer selections despite the recent price hikes! We support craft brewers, and hope you will too!
— WCLiquor Kerrisdale (@WCLC_Kerrisdale) June 5, 2015
PO BOX 9041
STN PROV GOVT
112-2609 E. 49th Ave